Express Potential with Skill

Skill is the bridge between capacity and potential. It’s is the expression of what’s possible. Lacking interest in skill is like super charging your Camero without knowing how to drive it. I think we all can agree that output is most valuable when one knows how to apply it (skill).

Luckily, we’ve got an approach here at DEUCE Gym that marries building capacity and skill simultaneously. We believe you should go ahead and have a 454 engine block and know how to drive like a wizard. Sure, the fastest cars can out race the most skilled driver in a junk car in some races and I’m sure Danica Patrick could beat me in the turns in a VW Beattle no matter how much horsepower my Camero has, but if we have the resources to invest in both output and skill the outcome can be remarkable.

Today is an opportunity to be surgical about your movements. It’s a lesson in using skill to express all the work capacity you’re developing. Some of us are like Goliath, while others are more like David. Consider what type of creature a combination of the two would have been.

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

[Photography By Lorenzo Hodges]

10/6/14 WOD

5-3-1-1-1

Split Jerk

Complete the following for time:
28 Alternating Pistols
14 Toes to Bar
7 HSPU
200m Run
7 HSPU