Cleaning It Up: Often Said, Rarely Done

Remember when you thought about “jumping in” and “stepping your game up?” I don’t remember exactly when you said it. Was it last week? Boy, my memory isn’t that good. It was a couple of months ago, right? I could have sworn you said you were going to dial in your fitness last year though, too.

Whatever.

The point isn’t when you said you were going to make an effort to clean it up and do something exceptional. The point is I remember you saying it.  Maybe you didn’t mean to say it out loud, because I know you think about it often. The point is ever since you said that I’ve been paying attention.

It’s not so much that I’ve noticed you. You’ve just been normal. Don’t feel bad. What I’ve noticed, rather, is the people that are doing what you said you were going to do are really doing well for themselves. It’s crazy. Most of them were in way worse shape than you, and they’ve made so much progress.

Now look, I’m not saying you’re a bad person or you’ve made a mistake. You’ve actually done a lot of things right. You work hard, you take care of those around you, and you practice most things in moderation. The one real difference is you haven’t really done what you said you wanted to do. It sounded good, I’m sure, to say you were going to “step your game up” and all of that, but you haven’t started. Though it feels normal and like you aren’t missing out, but considering that you could have been working at it this entire time. I’d say you are missing out!

I just figured I’d bring it up because ever since then, the folks that actually have started are well on their way. When are you going to start?

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

7/30/14 WOD

In teams, AMRAP 10
1 Rope Climb
1 Sled Push

or

As an individual, perform the following for time:

30 Muscle ups

Then, EMOM 30
1: 2 AXEL Bar Power Cleans (AHAP)
2: 4 Box Jumps (AHAP)