Persistence

An awesome thing happened last week. A very proud young woman walked in the front door and told me exactly which membership she wanted, and signed up for our program with a gleaming smile on her face. She told me that the price sheet was tacked to her wall, and it had been for a long time.

First, let me take you back 7 months.

We opened the doors of this place last July. And, there were some days in the beginning when not much was happening around here. It was on one of these days that our brand new sound system was playing some loud rap music, I believe. I saw a very smily, young woman poke her head around the gate and boldly walk right in to talk about joining. It didn’t take long talking to her to be very impressed by her story. She was 17, making her way through high school, taking college classes, and now wanting to join the gym. What a human!

We met later in the week for an ‘Intro Session.’ She went home to talk things over with her family. She emailed me back and said that she was going to look for a job to earn the money to join. I wished her well and told her I would follow up.

A few months later, I bumped into her when I was out and about. I asked her how she was doing and she told me she had the job. She also mentioned she would be at the gym to sign up in January. I was even more impressed. This had to be 4 months after we had originally met, and she was actually doing what she said. In this world, people say a lot of things. It was apparent that I met a doer. What a refreshing sight!

January came around and so did she. Now she has been attending classes and loves it. I am so proud of her and honored to be her coach. I am sure she has a very bright future with work ethic like that. If you look up the word persistence in the dictionary, her picture should be placed there. Fantastic job!

Let me introduce you to our very own newest rock star, Raquel. I am so excited to have you in the community.

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

1/21/14 WOD

Complete 4 rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts (315/185)
15′ HS Walk
10 KB Snatches (53/35)
15′ HS Walk