Two Years

This day, April 12th, marks two years of Functional Fitness on the Bluffs in business. Exactly two years ago to the day, I watched Danny lead three brave souls through our first workout on El Medio Bluffs in Pacific Palisades. I couldn’t have imagined that the beach towels we used for mats on the rocky, dirty floor would blossom in to the fitness school that is a staple in the Santa Monica community today.

May 2011

May 2011

With three specialty programs, a thriving GPP class schedule, and a new facility on the way in Venice, there’s a lot to show for what was simply a little arrogant faith and a lot of hard work floating in thin air two years ago.

Nikki Pounds was one of those brave souls that worked out on that first day, and she’s been a critical part of our community ever since. You wouldn’t recognize her then, plus none of us could have predicted how much exercise and nutrition has crept into her life, language, and belief systems. But, she isn’t the only one. This community has been more than a gym. It’s been a lifestyle for so many people. To this day, 3735 heads have been in class with us. They’ve changed their minds about fitness, they’ve lost weight, built new capacity, claimed better health, learned new things, and many of them have accomplished things that they were certain were not possible.

September 2011

September 2011

It sounds like we’ve done a lot of giving, but I’d be a liar if I left you thinking that. I know I can say FFOTB has given me everything. Life as I know it today is something that I owe to you all.

The vision for this community has never been more clear in my eyes than it is today. I owe you all a great deal of thanks. So, with everything I’ve got I say, “THANK YOU!” And, you’ll have to take my word for it, but if you trust me just a little bit, I promise you…

We’re just getting started.

Today

Today

Logan Gelbrich

———————-

Friday’s Workout:

Complete the following for load:

5 Front Squats+5 Split Jerks

Then, complete the following for time:

21-15-9
Situps
Burpees

———–
Run 800m

1 Comment

• Sarah says:

Upright cleaners are heavy and powerful, and sometimes not as
    manoeuvrable as canisters. Although the low price of many steam cleaners
    may seem enticing, it is important to consider the quality of the
    machine. It is also important that you should consider its form.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *