How Google is Using Steve Jobs’ Last Words to Affect Your Fitness

Trends make me nervous. By nature, I think they lack thought, depth, and purpose. At the point in which folks do things simply because enough other people are doing them, I begin to worry.

Old fashion fun!

I recently read a piece about the traction that keys words like “Steve Jobs” and “Google” have in social media. Blogs with a Top 10-Something-to-do-with-Steve-Jobs-list are shockingly more popular than, well, anything else. So, whereas the title of this blog wasn’t entirely to get you to click on the link, there is a message in the dynamic it creates.

Is your training regime standing on a foundation centered around buzz and popularity? Committing to something because it’s new and exciting, is like falling in love to break up. Turn around you thinking. What if you sought after the tried and true, regardless of what it looked like? Let’s be honest, you’re out shopping for a fitness methodology because you want some fitness (strength, flexibility, improved health markers, better body composition, etc), right? So look for that, instead of convincing yourself that your looking for convenience, ease, and shiny bells & whistles.

I didn’t invent the squat. The clean and the press weren’t my idea either, but I’m not selling novelty. I’m selling you fitness… real, tangible fitness. Hell, sometimes it’s even fun and exciting, but that’s a bonus. At FFOTB, we won’t do a movement that’s less than 100 years old. That’s not very “hip,” and for that I’m sorry. But, at least I can say you won’t have to shop around for fitness anymore.

What are the pros and cons of opening a hula hooping-based fitness studio? It’s fun, it’s new, it’s easy to teach, and it’s easy to do. People looking for fitness will love it. All they have to do is play with a hula hoop! The cons are that I’ll have to find new clients when they get bored and don’t get fit. (SEE: 6 Minute Abs, Tae Bo, Zumba, Jazzercise, P90X, etc)

What are the pros and cons of functional training? Well, that’s simple, people will improve their fitness. They will function better as parents, athletes, milkmen, paratroopers, or whatever it is that they do. They will get strong, flexible, lean, and so on. The cons are coaching people to do these things is hard. It takes responsibility, time, and patience. And, you know what? It’s not on the cover of People Magazine either.

With fitness today, it’s easy to confuse what you’re shopping for. For the record, the fitness store is on Ocean and Marguerita. I can’t help with the other stuff.

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Wednesday’s Workout:

100 Squats
Then:
3 rounds:
20 KB Swings
10 Clapping Push Ups
200m Run

3 Comments

• Personally, I love my P90X. It’s the only weight loss product I’ve seen real results from. I can’t say that I’ve ever enjoyed diet pills, shakes or any of that stuff…but P90X has worked for me and a few of my friends.

If you’re interested in P90X you can buy it for $65 here http://www.squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x read the review comments at the bottom of the page. The website does deliver the product in a timely manner. If you want to lose weight fast p90x is the way to go.

• logangelbrich says:

I’m pumped on your results, Willie. Your comment does further solidify the purpose of this post, however. P90X gets results.. obviously.. as you’ve experienced them first hand. The problem with it, however, is that it isn’t sustainable. Folks aren’t going to create an indefinite lifestyle working out to DVDs in their living room.

It gets people moving with intensity and provides some context for 90 days. And, it’s cheap. All good things. But, then what?

“Lost weight fast” sounds like everything else out there. What about living a life of optimal weight and performance? THAT is sustainable and powerful.

• Google says:

Observers maintain the item displays a new coherent approach, one thing thus low in your
    culture, that it’s not necessarily realised by simply all. These pre-computed numbers,
    hold on in a very giant information bank for millions or URLs on the net.
    Reputation Defense Online an around the world Cyber Investigation along with Litigation Assistance Agency for Net Defamation,
    often receives inquiries from attorneys along with law enforcement agencies
    on the way to subpoena Google‘s Legal Division.

1 Trackback or Pingback

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *