Uninviting

I’ll never take for granted the process of which folks must go through to muster up the courage to join us for the first time. Sadly, I also think of the countless people that may be interested but will never take a FFOTB class. Not to mention, the unlimited number of other folks that we could help immensely that will never be interested, let alone show up. What’s the turn off?

We’re uninviting. 

If you’ve seen us, chances are the stark contrast between the picturesque seaside park and our soul searching training makes us look like crazy people. If you’ve heard of us, chances are “..and then we did 100 of these things were you squat down and press up, and then 50 jumps, then we ran half a mile. But, we did all that 3 times… as fast as we could.” doesn’t sound that inviting either. Again, we sound like crazy people.

Pictures of girls with barbells over their heads on Facebook?… shooting ourselves in the foot, yet again.

All this seems so surreal and extreme to most folks. So, of course, we’re a tight knit community. You either “get it,” or you don’t. And, though for some of you that may be cool. It kinda bums me out. I hope, not just for me, but for others that they “get it,” because we all know that this community is liable to change someone’s life for the better (Correction: Best yet).

Hide your kids..

The thing is, we’ll stay uninviting. We will because we have to. It’s authentic. Today, hard work and outcome based fitness are, by nature, abnormal. As long as big gyms stay cheap, are aesthetically driven, market ease, and don’t coach people, we will be uninviting.

Sorry I’m not sorry.

Logan Gelbrich

——————

Wednesday’s Workout:

4 rounds for time of:

5 Snatch Balance
5 Hang Power Snatch
5 Hang Jump Shrug
5 Snatch Grip Deadlift
400 M Run

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *