Living the Lifestyle at Age 50

**BRING A FRIEND WEEK**

Lifestyle is key. We talk about it all the time. “This is a lifestyle.” “We are building a lifestyle of health and wellness.” Yadda yadda. But, we mean it! Let’s do a quick thought experiment…

Nature is my gym.

Imagine 10 years from now, or even 20 years from now. Let’s assume exercise is still a part of your life. What does it look like?

Personally, I don’t think I could even spend the next 5 years “lifting” at a globo gym, and getting my “cardio” in. I know for a fact that I couldn’t spend the next 5, let alone 10, years on a diet for God’s sake!

As an athlete, I often wondered if I would train after my career was over. Clearly, since my retirement (look at this website for advice) it seems I couldn’t have gone any more extreme with my answer to that question, but in my head my answer was always, “No.” Shocker, right?

To me, without a specific goal in mind (like the Major Leagues), I didn’t imagine myself being motivated enough to do 3×10 Backsquat, barbell row, etc. Well, I was right! Instead, I train in a way that I love!

That is why it is so important to us that you build a lifestyle of health and wellness that is repeatable. It becomes quite redundant to do a mind-blowing workout once every two weeks. Similarly, it doesn’t do much good to train 9 workouts a week for 2 months, and then spend 6 weeks rehabbing injuries/ erasing your fitness after that.

I personally can see myself constantly varying my training with real people, and doing real movements indefinitely– espcially outside! It’s fun, it grows my fitness, and it makes me happy. If this isn’t something you see yourself being able to do long term, maybe it’s best to continue your search. I, however, can’t wait to sweat in my FFOTB t-shirt for my 50th birthday WOD.

Who’s with me?!

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Wednesday’s Workout:

AMRAP 2
5 Inverted Burpees
10 Jumping Lunges
15 SDLHP
20 Mountain Climbers (2-ct)
25 Push Ups
30 Sit Ups
35 Squats