This Is It!

If you’ve ever seen the film “This Is It,” featuring a behind the scenes look at the late Michael Jackson’s tour preparations, you’ll be able to relate to what I’m talking about. If you haven’t seen it, I’d encourage you to. Regardless of your personal feelings about Jackson, there is no doubt that he was a true master of his domain. He was arguably the best performer of all-time. Furthermore, the movie shows that he was a world class worker, as well.

This is a place to have fun!

Take a moment to understand the magnitude of that statement: Best ever.

For me, the take away from the film for me had nothing to do with music. It had nothing to do with Michael, or his songs. For me, I saw a true master working the process. I am firm believer in the power one has to create talent through their ability to work to improve. Michael wasn’t stuck with a lightning bolt of platinum album talent, he created his reality all the way to the very end of his life through his ability to work well.

His work was meticulous and deliberate. His attention to detail was second to none. His commitment to the process was impeccable, and as someone who had as much of a right as anyone to “coast,” he was unwavering in his commitment to excellence rep after slow, methodical rep.

No one worked harder. No one worked better. His focus was in the  process, not the result. The sensation that was Michael Jackson was in the details.

Funny thing is  you could trace back to the top of this note and replace Michael’s name with any great performer. These qualities are interchangeable. Take a moment to examine how the “greatest” execute their work. The lessons in doing so are universally beneficial.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfx4vHVP30]

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Saturday’s Workout:

The “Better than Yesterday” Challenge Training

Three 5 minute rounds of:
15 Burpees
400m Run
Max KB Front Squats

-Rest 1 minute between rounds-

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *