Time Out: You’re Amazing

Aw, I'm so proud-- I'm doing the happy dance!

Given that you look at yourself everyday in the mirror and that you don’t have perfect perspective on where you have been, where you are now, and where you are going, chances are you can’t see what’s happening to you. If you’ve been a student here for some time now, chances are you are missing the amount of progress you’re making. On the other hand, if you aren’t training and reading this from a distance, you may not realize how bad you need to make changes in your life.

However, if you’ve ever encouraged a friend to join you for a workout with us, they might have given you some context to your progress with their “Now way! You’re crazy!” reply. Your training here is exceptional. Be proud of yourself!

A prized student of ours, Tyler Nilson, recently had a similar experience. An ex-athlete friend of his asked him, “Where do you go every morning?” So, he filled him in on what FFOTB is all about, and provided the details of that mornings’ workout.

He promptly agreed to take it on, given that he was an ex-athlete and all. He also promptly quit three minutes in and felt nauseous.

We aren’t after this type of result at Funtional Fitness on the Bluffs, but it can sometimes happen. Ex-athletes who know how to find that “Red Zone,” but haven’t been there in a while are especially vulnerable to this. So here is the stud athlete, who couldn’t complete what each of YOU could.

I’d like you all to take a step back today and realize something– You can do the impossible! You do it everyday when you train here. For our students, things that were literally impossible weeks or months previous, are now possible. Every student here is referred to as an athlete, regardless of his/her background, because they are.

You all are athletes. And, you all can do the impossible!

Logan Gelbrich

——————–

Saturday’s Workout:

FFOTB Baseline
400m Run
40 Squats
30 Sit ups
20 Push ups
10 Burpees

AMRAP 8
5 KB Thrusters
15 Bird Pickers