4/20/15 - 100 Reasons to Skip Class
Sometimes we need a reason or two to justify not doing what we said we were going to do. After all life does get hard. Here are a few reasons that you shouldn’t come to the gym:
- You’re car is in the shop.
- You’ve had a long day at work.
- You’re short on cash.
- Something (anything) came up.
- You’re sore.
- The workout has running in it.
- You’ve got to get ready to go out later.
- The workout has overhead squats in it.
- You don’t think your goals are important anymore.
- You tweaked your ankle.
- You’re hung over.
- The workout is long.
- Game of Thrones is on.
- You need “your wine.”
- The snooze button felt too good.
- It’s too hot.
- It’s too cold.
- There’s snatches in the workout.
- You didn’t leave work early enough.
- You don’t have the right shoes.
- You procrastinated on a work project.
- The workout looks hard.
- You tweaked your elbow.
- The workout doesn’t look like “a good one.”
- You’ve got a “work thing.”
- You’ve got a “networking thing.”
- There’s just too much going on right now.
- You didn’t sleep well last night.
- You slept great last night.
- It’s a holiday.
- It’s not a holiday.
- There are double unders in the workout.
- Work happy hour!
- You haven’t been training enough lately.
- You’ve been training a lot lately.
- There’s lifting in the workout.
- You forgot your workout clothes.
- There are sandbags in the workout.
- Someone else isn’t going.
- Some else is going.
- You’ve been eating well recently.
- You haven’t been eating well recently.
- It’s not your scheduled class.
- You’re not used to the coach.
- There’s intervals in the workout.
- You don’t want to be embarrassed.
- The movements in the workout are new.
- The movements in the workout are the same as your last workout.
- You don’t like the programming.
- The workout is one you could do at home (but don’t).
- Peer pressure.
- You’ve got to do laundry.
- You’ve got to go to the DMV.
- It’s your birthday!
- You’ve got a stomach ache.
- There’s this big project at work.
- You’ve met a girl or a boy!
- You’re depressed because you haven’t met someone.
- You’ve refused mobility or treatment.
- Beach day!
- ‘Skills and Drills’ is two hours!
- You forgot your wrist wraps.
- You didn’t like the blog.
- This list is too long.
- You’re tired of Logan calling you out.
- Training next to men and women with the same, if not more, issues that you do is too exposing.
- You’re more interested in look fit in relation to your peers than actually getting fit.
- You’re about to travel.
- You just returned from traveling.
- The Clippers are playing!
- You can’t do the movements in the workout.
- You were sore for three days after the last one.
- You don’t want to get bulky.
- You can’t afford to come.
- You can afford not to come.
- You don’t want to get healthy as much as you once did.
- Running is easier.
- There are squats in the workout.
- It’s raining.
- You have to get caught up on emails.
- The Whole Life Challenge made it easier to workout.
- You just finished a specialty course.
- You’re about to start a specialty course.
- You can’t find parking.
- There’s gymnastics in the workout.
- You favorite classmate won’t be there.
- You hate “fast feet.”
- You miss Equinox.
- You this “thing” in your leg when you go “like this.”
- Late night at work.
- Late night at the bar.
- Late night with the baby.
- Late night with your lover.
- Late night building this stupid thing from Ikea.
- Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
- You have to save your energy for [something that takes energy to do].
- You’ve had the same movement issues/ nagging injuries for years, but choose to ignore them and let them be the reason for any halt in progress as if it has come out of no where, is a surprise, and there’s nothing you can do about it.
- There are muscle ups in the workout.
- It’s been so long, why would you go now?
This was the easiest list to create of all time and I could go on for pages and pages. At the end of the day, there isn’t a person alive that can’t come up with hundreds of reasons to let yourself off the hook. The tough flip side of the coin is that at the end of the day, no one cares and neither does your fitness.
Find A Heavy Front Rack Hold (15s)
Complete the following for time:
Front Squat (115/75)
Toes to Bar